Tuesday, 26 February 2013 16:46
Watching the MELVINS perform live is always an event to look forward to - but never before has there been news quite this exciting, as today we are beside ourselves with enthusiasm to announce two totally unique Melvins performances in London this May.
Ladies and gentlemen we present an evening with Melvins performing live Lysol & Houdini at London Brixton Electric on Sunday 19 May and playing Bullhead & Stoner Witch at the same venue on Monday 20 May. Two absolutely unmissable shows.
Tickets go on-sale 9am on Friday 1st March priced at £22.50 (subject to booking fee) and are available from www.livenation.co.uk or www.ticketmaster.co.uk
Don't forget that the Melvins return with a 13-track covers album titled 'Everybody Loves Sausages' which is set for an April 29th release in UK/EU via Ipecac Recordings.
"This record will give people a peak into the kind of things that influence us musically," explains Buzz Osborne. "We REALLY like all of these songs along with the bands who actually wrote this stuff because first and foremost we are HUGE music fans."
In a decidedly Melvins approach to a covers album, the band not only selected a unique assortment of songs to cover, ranging from Roxy Music's "In Every Dream Home A Heartache" to Queen's "Best Friend," they also enlisted several friends to take part including Mudhoney's Mark Arm joining them for The Scientists' "Set It On Fire" and Neurosis' Scott Kelly pitching in on a cover of Venom's "Warhead."
While the release is billed as a proper Melvins' album (featuring the line-up of Osborne, Dale Crover, Jared Warren and Coady Willis), there are a handful of songs recorded as the Melvins Lite incarnation of the band (Osborne, Crover and Trevor Dunn): "Female Trouble" (Divine a.k.a. John Waters), "Timothy Leary Lives" (Pop-O-Pies) and "Romance By Tales of Terror" (Tales of Terror).
The complete track listing with original artist and guest player notation:
1. Warhead (Venom; Guest: Scott Kelly of Neurosis)
2. Best Friend (Queen; Guest: Caleb Benjamin of Tweak Bird)
3. Black Betty (Ram Jam)
4. Set It On Fire (The Scientists; Guest: Mark Arm)
5. Station To Station (David Bowie; Guest: JG Thirlwell)
6. Attitude (The Kinks: Guest: Clem Burke of Blondie)
7. Female Trouble (Divine a.k.a. John Waters)
8. Carpe Diem (The Fugs)
9. Timothy Leary Lives (Pop-O-Pies)
10. In Every Dream Home A Heartache (Roxy Music; Guests: Jello Biafra and Kevin Rutmanis)
11. Romance (Tales of Terror)
12. Art School (The Jam; Guest: Tom Hazelmeyer)
13. Heathen Earth (Throbbing Gristle)